100 + Picture Books To Add To Your Children's Library


I remember sitting on the floor with my mom when I was five as she read Laura Ingall's prairie adventures to me. Reading moved me in a way that I returned to over and over again. And I'm far from alone in this feeling. 

I asked some of you to tell me your favorite children's stories & I enjoyed the responses I got because some of these titles I'd forgotten about, or never even heard of. I shared my own extensive list, too.


Thank you for sharing!

100+ Books For Your Library

Picture Books I Love


For Littler Ones...

Madeline
Miss Rumphius
The Happy Lion
The Lyle Crocodile Series
Toot & Puddle Series
A Visitor for Bear (the whole series)
Zagazoo (Quentin Blake is England's Doctor Seuss)
Olivia Series
Oh No, Gotta Go! 
The Library Lion
Otto the Book Bear
Dragons Love Tacos
RoboSauce
This Moose Belongs to Me
Velveteen Rabbit
Ferdinand the Bull
How to be Famous
Ike's Incredible Ink
Don't Let the Pigeon... Series
Amanda and Her Alligator
Beatrix Potter books
Ace Dragon Ltd.
Rosie's Magic Horse
Bark, George
Extra Yarn
A Ball for Daisy
Meet Wild Boars & Wild Boars Cook
My Dad is so Big and Strong but..
Julia, Child
This is not my Hat
Little Red
That Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown
Tell Me My Story, Mama
Marshall Armstrong is New to Our School
Iggy Peck, Architect
Rosie Revere, Engineer
Elephant and Piggie Series
The Adventure of Beekle: An Unimaginary Friend
The Queen's Hat
Barnacle is Bored
A Bear and His Boy
Alfie's Lost Sharkie
Everyone Loves Bacon
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Doctor De Soto
The Book with No Pictures
The First Slodge
Bog Baby
Mr. Peek's Zoo (series)
And the Cars Go..
Spoon
Mr. Gumpy's Outing
We're Going on a Bear Hunt
Roxaboxen
Corduroy
Curious George
Go Dog, Go!
Green Eggs N' Ham
The Giving Tree
Are You My Mother?
Angelina Ballerina
The Hug Machine

And for those a little older...
Betsy-Tacy series- my absolute favorite.
Island of The Blue Dolphins
The BFG
Carry On, Mr. Bowditch!
James & the Giant Peach
Little House on the Prairie series
The Giver
The Hobbit
Boxcar Children series
Ballet Shoes
James & The Giant Peach
The Indian & the Cupboard
Pippy Longstocking
Little Women
Anne of Green Gables series

Favorite Authors:
Bernard Waber
Ludwig Bemelmans
Holly Hobbie
Bonny Becker
Quentin Blake
Mo Willems


Books you recommended.



For Littler Ones...
-------------------
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
Make Way for Ducklings
Town Mouse
Country Mouse
The Little Engine That Could
Giraffes Can't Dance
My Monster Mama Loves me So
My Heart is Like a Zoo
Dr. Seuss's ABCs
You Are My Miracle
Stellaluna
The Rainbow Fish
You Are Special
Llama Llama Red Pajama
Love You Forever
Everyone Poops
The Monster at the End of this Book
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
The Giving Tree
The Very Quiet Cricket
From Head to Toe
Goodnight Moon
Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Clifton
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Lorax
The Berenstein Bears
The Jolly Postman and Other People's Letters

And For Older Ones...
Charlotte's Web
The Narnia series
The Hardy Brothers series
Skippy Jon Jones

Authors You Love
Sandra Boynton
Eric Carle
Michael Waite
Shel Siverstein





Happy Reading!

 



Comments

Popular Posts