Monday, September 16, 2013

Project House: My Kitchen Renovated


My grandma pursued a degree in Interior Design in her mid fifties. My mom went to school for art. She then followed suit and started decorating for clients/friends/herself. She's married to my dad, a contractor. All that to say, a love for places and spaces runs thick in my blood. 

I live life on a budget that revolves around Craig's List & thrifting. My house was renovated by my father & mother's vision, hard work, & help from my father-in-law, a handyman. 

I know there are plenty of young women like me that love to have a space that reflects their style but their budget doesn't allow for extravagant purchases. If you're like me, then you're the girl who walks into a store and somehow loves the highest ticket dollar item there. It's just our luck. 

Over the next few posts, I have decided to share my house with you. In some way, shape, or form, I hope it inspires you to make your own little nest all yours on a budget...or off one (so the better!). 

I decided to start with my kitchen because there's something magical about the room in the house where good nourishment & conversations always take place.

First, a look at our BEFORE...






 And our AFTER...


where i spend many of my mornings and night prepping food.

an entire cabinet set from craig's list. it was a miracle.



west elm light fixture









if you don't have stainless steel, chalkboard fridges are an easy and fun way to spice up black or white!

And that folks is my kitchen. It's the center of our home. 
                                                       -Krisann
                       




No comments:

Post a Comment